Thursday, January 24, 2008

48 hours... and counting!


Saturday night is the VAN HALEN concert!!!! ...I can't hardly wait!!! For those who know me, know I am a huge VH fan! The first time was 1979 at the Los Angeles Forum; I've seen them perform many times since then, with both Sammy and DLR - don't ask me which I prefer (cause I love me some Sammy!!). But I'm sure this will be the last tour they do together as the original band. I've been waiting ever so patiently for them to schedule a Dallas date! Well, I got my tickets and my VH t-shirt (thanks Matt!) and I'm ready to ROCK!! I know Mark thinks I'm crazy, but I don't care! There are just some bands, and certainly songs you hear, that immediate "take you back"... You remember where you were, who you were with, what you were doing - that's what's so great about music. I was in high school, living in southern California back in the late 70s and 80s... Van Halen of course was huge, Journey, Def Leppard, Foreigner, Guns & Roses... What is now considered "classic rock"! Well, call it what you like, as long as they keep touring - I'll keep rockin' !!
Ooh! I wonder if the band likes cake?!!

No comments: