Sunday, June 1, 2008

Hangin' up the apron....

A bittersweet cake weekend...  I did my last two weddings this weekend, for the summer!   Not a planned break, or vacation, or just bein' lazy...  My family is up for big changes!   My husband took a new job very recently, and it's relocating us to San Diego, California!   Being from Southern California, I was jumping with enthusiasm on this inside when we found out!    (...not jumping so much, when we started pricing homes!)   Thanks to Cake Carousel
 (www.cakecarousel.com) for helping me out with pending orders!  If you guys are wanting a referral, this is the place!   They do wonderful work, and their staff is great! 

So it is with great sadness that I leave all my loyal clients and friends!  This past year has been awesome!  I will most definately be starting up my business again, in the San Diego county area this fall, so please stay tuned to my blog this summer!!  I'll continue to post interesting cake tid-bits and new designs that I'll be practicing for my entry piece for the upcoming Oklahoma cake show - and taking some new classes as well!   Can't wait!   ...so keep checkin' back!

For my final cakes this weekend, I ended with the following beauties...

This 4 tiered cake, was designed for Kayna - she  wanted a brown cake w/ lilac colors, to match her wedding colors - I thought it came out beautiful - nice contrast!  (Love pastels w/ dark 
brown!)  Lemon and white cake, w/ raspberry filling, all iced in vanilla buttercream and
 covered w/ chocolate fondant.  (Fondant was definately for color and effect on this cake!)


...and Kristen's cake, alternating ribbons and scrolls, w/ a fresh floral topper.  (All squares this weekend!)  White almond sour cream cake w/ strawberry filling and chocolate fudge cake, w/ chocolate buttercream...  we did the grooms cake in carrot cake, so we snuck some chocolate in there for her!
 

So, that's it for now - I've packed up the mixers, pans, spatula's, tips and tools...  off to sunny California!  Just in time...  just saw the forcast for Dallas this week:  95,  96,  96, 96 !!   UGH!
..that, I won't miss!!   

Peace!

5 comments:

Bob Tribit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
trevatribitphotography.com said...

You will be greatly missed for many more reasons than your gorgeous cakes..So Cal is a very lucky place. :) Be blessed in all you do, my friend.

Jacque said...

We in Texas will miss you Allison!
But So Cal is a nice place to live, and I know you will be a great success there. Godspeed!

Jill said...

Allison!! Oh my goodness...what sad news for all of us and such great news for you guys. You're cakes were the BOMB!!! You have done so many for Stan and me and I appreciate it so much! Have fun in San Diego!! - Jill & Stan Wagnon

Lisa said...

Beautiful cakes!

Let me know when you get settled in...thinking about you!