Saturday, April 12, 2008

Something old, something new...

...I think I've used this title before, but it fit! Two weddings this weekend to celebrate - one new cake design (kind of) and one old! (I hate saying old - lets just call it a repeat!)

Charity's cake was white almond cake, with cream cheese filling, iced in vanilla buttercream. Bottom tier w/ diamond imprint pattern, and fondant pearls, second tier w/ fondant striping (pearlized) and the top, scrolls. I can't tell you how many times I've done this cake or variations of this cake!!


Wai Shan's cake was a three tiered fresh strawberry cake, with cream cheese filling and buttercream icing. Sage green fondant swags, with gumpaste calla lilies. Very simplistic, but very beautiful! Tall calla lily arrangements decorated all the tables, very pretty!

Off to make a froggy birthday cake for Victoria! I'll post a finished picture tomorrow!

2 comments:

trevatribitphotography.com said...

LOVE the swags on the second cake! How gorgeous!!
I just picked up "The knot" magazine you mentioned...I think its safe to say you are the best!

Lisa said...

Ha! I needed to study your second cake before I did my awful drapes on my magnolia cake! Perfect! And beautiful!